Start of 2016 Season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Start of 2016 Season

This new seedling is well ahead of garden and potted hellebores. Seed collected in 2013m ID Lost due to our 'darling' new pup taking pleasure in removing plants labels from pots.
    Attached Files

Nice seedling, Jeff - (even if you don't know the name!) Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Perkie
      There was only a single bud produced but was quite out facing for a change. good sized flower ,the sepal shape ticks my box of must have, not attracted to pointed sepals on doubles.
      Now starting to accumulate some good double primrose plants, a long held ideal. Next goal will be apricot doubles.
      How is the germination going?

Comment

SAM_6341.jpg
        Jeff, since I put the boxes outside -your advice- some of the seeds I got the first time from you are germinated: Double Pink has five seedlings and Primrose Single has one seedling - the seedlings are abt. 3 - 4 cms high now.
        I understand it will take three years to flower, so I have to have patience....(but am lucky with this succes!)

Comment

Not sure why but seed from opposite hemispheres already seems to have reduced germination rates.

Comment

quite a good plant jeff!
            i have a surprise for you too. these two plants are your breeding, first flowers destroyed by the frosts but the second ones very good. donīt ask me from which year, here the same problem with dissappearing labels.

h.pink double jeff.jpg

h.purple jeff.jpg

Comment

Well I hope that I did retain seed from these but I often now don't, Assume they meet with your approval?

Comment

yes, especially the first one with the striped picotee rim.

Comment

Mine also pity I cannot trace its ancestry....

Comment

Another new double primrose
                    Attached Files

Comment

Really nice Jeff, thanks for sharing.

Comment

I did focus on achieving improvements to my primrose doubles at the time the above plants were created. Looking for larger flowers and more rounded sepal shape. Still need to get closer to a daffodil yellow but this is on the way fingers crossed,should see the outcomes next season.

Comment

the last is really a good one!

Comment

Love your plants Jeff!

Comment

The second double is close to the best I have produced, makes up for the many failures along the way..

Comment

Working...
                              X