actually situation in wintertime

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• actually situation in wintertime

Sorry, so long time I didnt wrote, I had a lot to do past year.
    Just now Im back and can show two videos about the actually situation in the north of this country.
    If there is some interests -please have a look to this (next month more):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKLzoXtD4j4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hconnZ1rK90

Last edited by marylou; 01-21-2017, 12:53 PM.

These videos are wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing.

Comment

Marilou, so good to see your helleborusgarden - I have enjoyed your gardentour! Now have to go outside (abt. -7 C and everything still covered with snow like your garden)- Some days ago my first helleborus showed his flowers in the snow!

Comment

thank you very much for the videos.That was a nice surprise near using my breakfast. If no idea how it is near me for I have not been en long time in the garden

Comment

another one surprise for your breafast:
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7veJdKv75lA

That are some of the wild hellebores in my garden.

Comment

Can't wait for an update when they bloom! Love your cat. What's its name?

Comment

This is only one of two twin-cats: Tamy and Speedy. I mean it is Speedy, the "protectionist". She is more wild, her sister more house-cat.
              I will make the next movie when well have sun here. This moment it is really dark.
              Last edited by marylou; 01-24-2017, 04:24 AM.

Comment

Now it is after my rest. Thank you very much . Drinking my nooncoffee . Thanks showing your nice plants and nowIi thought I will have a look to my plants. €‹t is warm to-day 2C. Was misty and now grey again

Comment

my two "protectionist" enjoy the spun fabric, one on top the other under.
                  Love seeing H. thibetanus. Looks like things are ready to begin? Spring!

Comment

Yes - Spring!
                    Today and tonight it was frozen. But the next few days it should be much more warmer.

Comment

again another one in February: https://youtu.be/eV5c-h3mUn4
                      Enjoy it

Comment

Your plants are just lovely! Love the format.

Comment

yes those videos are good.

Comment

Yes, they are very good! Love the H. thibetanus. The only H. thibetanus I tried failed. They had a very difficult time with my spring weather. I wonder if different H. thibetanus from a colder region of the thibetanus range might be tolerant of colder springs? Are all H. thibetanus created equal in cold tolerance?

Your hellebore will be bursting soon! I hope the weather is mild with clear skies for you.
                            this is my situation;
                            IMG_5961_1.jpg

Comment

Oh no! So much snow! Waiting for Spring - your torquatus and the other wilds are so beautiful!!!
                              H. thibetanus are cold tolerance. We have sometimes temperatures about minus 20 Celsius. And the plants are fine. I think - the important reason for to grow is the earth. I have in my garden only one place where it grows very fine. That place I used over many years in the Autumn for old leaves and grass cutting and the place is near a wild clematis where a lot of old clematis leaves fall down over many years. The resulting earth is very dark for about 15 cm. Below is hard clay. It is also important that the place is absolutely dry in summer. There is hardly any rain, it is on the fence edge - behind the fence in neighbors garden grow plum trees, which dry up the earth absolutely. I never pour there. H. thibetanus grows very, very well there.
                              I think - that may be not a problem of Springflower or coldness - it is a question of the earth. May be.

Comment

Working...
                              X